Inside: Get a recipe that makes comfortable, buttery coronary heart cookies–and no want to relax the dough. They’re frosted with a naturally-pink raspberry buttercream. Excellent for Valentine’s Day!
Nothing halts the momentum of baking enjoyable just like the phrase chill the dough for not less than an hour.
This sugar cookie recipe is exclusive for just a few causes:
- You don’t chill the dough
- It really works with complete wheat pastry flour simply in addition to it does with all-purpose flour
- The dough is comfortable and straightforward to roll
- The cookies hold their form when baked
- They’re frosted with a naturally pink raspberry frosting
It is a candy Valentine’s Day cookie recipe, however you need to use this easy sugar cookie dough for any special day.
Substances for Coronary heart Cookies
- Butter: I exploit salted butter. If you happen to use unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the dry elements.
- Sugar: This recipe requires white sugar
- Egg: Ideally at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Flour: You will have just a few choices right here–you need to use:
- Entire wheat pastry flour OR
- Half common complete wheat flour, half all function flour OR
- All all-purpose flour
Substances for Raspberry Buttercream
- Raspberries: Both recent or frozen (defrosted)
- Powdered sugar
- Butter: Softened to room temperature
- Lemon juice: Both recent or bottled works
Provides you Want
- Rolling pin
- Electrical mixer (both a hand mixer or standing mixer with a paddle attachment)
- Coronary heart-shaped cookie cutter: Be at liberty to make use of a number of sizes of coronary heart form
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat to line the baking sheets
- Knife or offset spatula for frosting (you too can use a pastry bag and piping tip)
- Sprinkles (elective)
Tips on how to Make Coronary heart Cookies
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (akin to Silpat mats).
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the flour and baking powder and put aside.
In a big bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer) cream butter and sugar effectively along with your mixer on medium velocity. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and blend effectively.
Add the dry elements to the moist elements, including one cup of the flour combination at a time and mixing after every addition. Ensure all of the flour on the backside of the bowl is combined into the dough, however don’t over-mix. Don’t chill. That’s essential! This dough doesn’t work when chilled.
Divide the dough in half and kind two dough balls. Roll the primary one onto a frivolously floured floor about 1/8″ thick. It is a comfortable, moist dough so make certain each your floor and your rolling pin are floured. (Cowl the bowl with the opposite dough ball utilizing both a kitchen towel or plastic wrap.)
Utilizing your coronary heart cookie cutter, minimize out coronary heart shapes within the rolled-out dough. Maintain rolling out remaining dough scraps till it’s gone. Repeat with the second dough ball.
Place coronary heart shapes on the ready baking sheets and bake cookies for 6-7 minutes. They could be ever-so-slightly golden brown–and will even look underdone–however if you need them to be comfortable, you don’t wish to over-bake them! If you happen to want a crisper cookie, enhance the bake time by a few minutes, or till they’re extra golden brown.
Cool fully on a wire rack earlier than frosting.
Tips on how to Make Raspberry Buttercream
Mix 2 cups of recent or defrosted, frozen raspberries in a blender or meals processor. Mix till easy. Pour right into a fine-mesh strainer (sieve) set over a bowl and press and stir with a spoon to take away a number of the seeds. Scrape the underside of the strainer with the spoon to get all of the puree. I ended up with about 1/2 cup of puree. Discard the seeds.
With a hand mixer or standing mixer, place 4 cups powdered sugar, butter, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and mix for 30 seconds on low. Scrape down sides of bowl and proceed beating, including raspberry puree till you obtain the consistency you need for both spreading or piping (you’ll need a thicker consistency for piping). I used about 1/3 cup of the puree.
Ice your heart-shaped cookies with the raspberry frosting. If you wish to prime with sprinkles, add them simply after every cookie is frosted earlier than the icing hardens on prime.
Extra Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes
Thee are additionally enjoyable Valentine’s Day Cookies, they usually’re protected for folks with nut and tree nut allergic reactions.
If you happen to want the flavour of strawberries and a paler pink, you need to use this frosting to your coronary heart cookies.
Spoon a dollop of this onto a slice of cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 giant egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups complete wheat pastry flour*
- 2 cups recent or frozen (defrosted) raspberries
- 1/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon recent lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Transfer prime rack to prime one-third of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl of bowl of a standing mixer, cream collectively butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix effectively.
- In a separate bowl, stir collectively baking powder and flour.
- Add flour combination to butter combination, one cup at a time, mixing effectively after every addition. Mix simply till all blended. Don’t chill.
- Divide dough into two balls. On a floured floor, roll every ball right into a circle 1/8 inch thick. Lower out cookies, place on ready baking sheets. Bake cookies for 6-7 minutes.
- Let cookies sit one minute, then take away to a wire rack to chill fully earlier than frosting.
- To make frosting, mix 2 cups of recent or defrosted, frozen raspberries in a blender or meals processor. Mix till easy. Pour right into a fine-mesh strainer (sieve) set over a bowl and press and stir with a spoon to take away a number of the seeds. Scrape the underside of the strainer with the spoon to get all of the puree. I ended up with about 1/2 cup puree. Discard seeds.
- Place 4 cups powdered sugar, butter, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and mix for 30 seconds on low. Scrape down sides of bowl and proceed beating, including raspberry puree till you obtain a consistency thick sufficient for spreading or piping. (I used about 1/3 cup).
- Ice cookies. If utilizing sprinkles, prime every cookie with sprinkles simply after frosting, earlier than the highest hardens.
*You may as well use 3 cups all-purpose flour OR 1.5 cups every all-purpose and common complete wheat flour
Really useful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 240Complete Fats: 4gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 16mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g