Inside: Get a easy recipe for 4 ingredient protein balls which are nice in lunchboxes or as a fast snack or dessert.
The dilemma: Everybody desires one thing fast to seize and eat. You’d like that one thing to offer diet, particularly for rising youngsters.
Round right here, I resolve this by having some sort of home made snack bar or chew readily available, which may rapidly pinch-hit for breakfast, a lunchbox deal with, simple wholesome snack, or perhaps a satisfying two-bite dessert.
I’ve been making these no bake vitality bites for a very long time, normally as a part of Sunday snack prep and meal prep for the week. I usually have all the easy substances in my pantry, and holding a “little one thing” like this round tends to make my week a bit simpler.
I believe these no bake vitality balls style a bit like peanut butter cookie dough. In addition they remind me of the peanut butter Excellent Bar (however value loads much less!). Right here’s the simple recipe.
Substances in No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter: I exploit creamy pure peanut butter, that’s made with solely peanuts and salt. You may also use almond butter or cashew butter as a substitute.
- Oats: I just like the chew of old style rolled oats, however you need to use fast oats as effectively.
- Powdered milk: Discover this within the baking aisle. The type at my retailer is nonfat. This provides added texture to the vitality bites.
- Honey: You’ll be able to swap this for pure maple syrup when you want.
How To Make 4 Ingredient Protein Balls
Mix all substances in a medium mixing bowl and stir effectively. (You don’t want a meals processor for this recipe!) In case your combination appears too dry to roll into balls, add a bit little bit of peanut butter, a drizzle at a time, till it’s the correct consistency. If it’s too moist, add a tablespoon of oats at a time.
If the combination is a bit sticky if you’re rolling it, having barely moist palms could make this simpler.
In case you’d like so as to add chocolate chips, stir in about 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, which I believe work greatest with these bites.
I like to make use of a cookie scoop to make uniform snack bites. Scoop the correct amount, then use your palms to roll them into balls. You’ll be able to put them place on a baking sheet as you’re making them or straight right into a sealed container. I get about 12 snack bites with one recipe, 24 with a double batch.
What’s powdered milk?
Powdered milk (aka dry milk powder) is made by evaporating the liquid from milk and turning it right into a powder. I preserve it in my pantry to make Do-it-yourself Scorching Cocoa Combine. You may also add it to recipes to present some further calcium and protein, resembling:
What can I exploit in addition to powdered milk?
In case you don’t have powdered milk, it’s also possible to use protein powder (resembling vanilla protein powder) or peanut powder (resembling PB2) as a substitute.
Can I exploit maple syrup as a substitute of honey?
Sure, simply swap the sweeteners one-for-one.
How do I make these vegan?
To make these peanut butter vitality balls vegan, swap out the powdered milk for peanut powder or a plant-based protein powder, sweeten them with maple syrup as a substitute of honey, and use dairy-free chocolate chips if including chocolate.
How a lot protein do these bites have?
Every of those 4-ingredient protein balls comprises about 4 grams of protein. Want different concepts for protein-rich snacks? See my checklist of 35 Protein Snacks.
How do I retailer these 4 ingredient protein balls?
Hold these protein balls in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to preserve them at room temperature, however I believe they style greatest stored within the fridge. They’re greatest eaten inside per week or so.
Different concepts for swaps & substitutions
- Swap a tablespoon of the powdered milk for chia seeds, floor flax seed, or hemp seeds for further wholesome fat.
- Use sunflower seed butter as a substitute of peanut butter to make these nut-free and peanut-free (test labels on all different substances to be protected)
- Swap chocolate protein powder for the powdered milk to make chocolate vitality bites
- Commerce mini chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix all substances. (f the consistency is not fairly roll-able, add extra peanut butter or extra oats or dry milk powder to get the correct texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Non-compulsory: Add 2-3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips.
Serving Dimension: 1 ball
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 106Complete Fats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Extra Recipes for Snack Bars and Snack Bites